Everyone wants their wedding to be perfect. And why not? It’s a big day! While nothing ever really goes 100% according to plan, good preparation can help keep things from going awry. We can’t tell you how to plan your individual wedding, but we can share some tips to help your planning go a little smoother. Here are 7 tips for planning your wedding.
1. Start early. The more time you have to plan, the easier and less stressful it will be for everyone involved. Waiting too long to book venues and services may result in missing out on your first choices and having to settle for a compromise.
2. Go digital. Wedding binders or physical folders may be old fashioned. Consider using an app to keep track of contracts, invoices and memos. Cloud storage means you never have to worry about your binder getting lost or damaged, and you can access digital documents from virtually anywhere on multiple devices.
3. Save early. Build up a “war chest” to take on the financial burden of wedding expenses. You could always open a BancorpSouth My Goal savings account. We’d love to be part of your wedding!
4. Search the web for inspiration. What kind of look, feel or theme do you want your wedding to have? You might look for inspiration from websites like Pinterest, or you could search for hashtags such as #wedding and #weddingstyle on social media to fuel your imagination. But keep in mind that many photos are professionally shot. They’re a good jumping off point, but not every idea may be practical to duplicate for your wedding.
5. Centralize communication. Consider setting up a brand new email account, separate from your personal or business emails, for all wedding-related communication. This will help you avoid overwhelming the inboxes of your other email accounts and also may help keep you from missing out on an important wedding email that gets lost in the shuffle of unrelated emails. You may even want to set up a virtual phone number and voicemail for phone calls.
6. Set up automatic payments. If you’ve made a deposit with a vendor that has a payment structure or deadline, you could help take the stress out of on-time payments by automating them. Automating your payments gives you one less thing to worry about so you can focus on other aspects of your wedding. It also helps to make sure the bills get paid on time. If you’re interested in setting up automatic payments, we can help you with that.
7. Expect the unexpected. Remember what we said earlier? Nothing goes 100% according to plan. To err is human. It’s important to put things in perspective and learn to accept when something goes a little off-kilter and make peace with it. A wedding is a day to celebrate. Let go of the little things and embrace the big picture.
Your wedding day is something you’ll remember for the rest of your life. Using these tips can help your special day be the very best. If you have financial needs for your wedding day, we can help. We’re Right Where You Are for every stage of your life.
© BancorpSouth 2020