While you’re headed to your favorite vacation spot, the last thing you want to be separated from are your finances. Whether your destination is domestic or international, consider the following suggestions before you travel:
- Use mobile banking. If you have online banking but haven’t signed up for mobile banking, you should do so before you leave. All you need is an Apple or Android device to download our MyBXS App, and you’re set. Just be sure your mobile device has security protection to keep your accounts safe. And, memorize your passwords and security questions in case you use a different device when logging into your account.
- Notify BancorpSouth before you go. Let us know your travel plans so we can make sure your cards won’t be denied for unusual activity – especially if you’re traveling out of the country. You can do so by calling 1-888-797-7711 or emailing Customer Service here.
- Remember your PIN for your debit card and credit card. Some international retailers and ATMs require a PIN with purchases or cash withdrawals on your credit cards.
- Make copies of all your cards, leaving one copy at home and the other in a safe place at your destination. Take at least two cards and keep our number handy in the case of theft or loss. Double check all expiration dates and review your security questions for quick and easy access.
- Have cash in hand when you arrive at your destination. With the convenience of debit cards, many people don’t carry cash. You should always have some cash on hand in case you can’t easily locate an ATM. When dealing with foreign currency, exchange in advance (ideally at the airport) for taxis, quick meals and any unforeseen emergencies.
Make your next vacation the best one ever. A little preparation will enable you to travel in peace, knowing your money is safe and accessible when you need it.
© Fintactix, LLC 2017