With Mobile Banking from BancorpSouth, you can check your balance, transfer money, or even pay bills on your schedule—day or night. While mobile banking is simple and easy to use, there are things you can do to help keep your financial information on your device more safe and secure.
- The MyBXS mobile banking app from BancorpSouth will require a pin code to resume where you left off if you close the app.
- If you purchase a new device, delete the BancorpSouth mobile banking app and any other personal or financial information before you discard your existing device.
- Protect your device with a password or passcode that’s not easy to figure out. Be sure to lock your phone when you’re not using it.
- Keep your device updated with security and software updates.
- Don’t connect your device to an unknown wireless network. In fact, you should never use public WiFi to conduct any financial business.
- Never send any personal financial information via text message; this information is not secure and may be intercepted by hackers.
- Only download legitimate applications–do your homework before you put anything on your mobile device.
- Make a habit of deleting any unnecessary text messages, applications, notes or browser history on your device.
- Check with your wireless provider to see if there’s a way you can erase or delete information from your device remotely, just in case it gets lost or stolen.
- Monitor your accounts regularly and report any unauthorized transactions to BancorpSouth immediately by calling 888-797-7711
Mobile Banking at BancorpSouth is protected with layered security technology, making it more safe and secure. No identifiable personal information (such as your account number) will be sent or stored on your device.
To learn more about BancorpSouth’s Mobile Banking service or to download our free app, click here.
© BancorpSouth 2017